On May 14th, Hayden and I had a special evening out together. The local community center held a Mother/Son Dance and we headed out for some bonding time. Of course, we took time for a quick pic before scooting over to the big shindig.
At this point we were remained deeply entrenched in Hayden's passion for all things outer space. I am so bummed that I cannot find the video clip I shot but at least I have this still of him in action. He came up with a "Galaxy Dance" which he also taught me so that we could be galaxies together. It is important to note the placement of his arms, one is turned in front and one is turned behind but in a very specific way that he felt was an accurate portrayal of a barred spiral galaxy. He considered other types but felt best about his ability to dance as a barred spiral. I think it was a wise choice, I'm not sure how he would have approximated a lenticular one!The whole shebang was much like a school dance, there were party cups and punch along with trays of store bought cookies in a variety of flavers. So we danced a bit and snacked a bit. Here's a shot of H & I cutting a rug, as you can see he is still in galaxy mode...

As it grew closer to bedtime, we bid our dancing buddies adieu and headed on home. It was a fun evening for the both of us and nice to have some one on one time with my boy. Can't wait to see how much fun Bailey and Michael have if we are able to get them out to the Father/Daughter dance next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment