Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feelin' the Mama's Day Love...

Here are some gems the MiniMarx's doled out to lively up Mother's Day...

-I was working on the computer while Hayden got dressed. He said he was headed downstairs and I asked him to come into the sitting room so I could see him dressed. He politely responded, "No Mommy, I am all dressed. You already know what I look like so I am going downstairs." I totally should have made that a teachable moment but by the time I was composed from laughing he was long gone.

-Bailey managed to rack up FOUR time outs in the parking lot before we even went into WalMart today. She was adamant about walking and I was equally determined to put her in the cart. Once the hands and feet started flying I pulled the cart back to the car, plopped her angry little heinie (sp?) in her car seat and shut the door. H and I made small talk outside the car while she worked on making her head explode. We went at it three more times before she threw in the towel and sat down nicely in the cart.

-Hayden decided to take another crack at peeing while standing during a potty break this afternoon. His aim was less than accurate and my partially read Good Housekeeping is now goners. Too bad I hadn't gotten to the section on healthy family dinners. Now we'll have to eat poorly, haha. To top it off, H got all literal when I tried to discuss the situation. I pointed out the magazine as calmly as I could and asked what did the peepee on Mommy's magazine tell us? He used his serious voice and said, "It tells ME that your magazine should NOT be in the bathroom." I tried to contain myself and shared with him that it told me he needs to put all of his peepee in the potty rather than past it.

In between all of these super precious moments, there were lots of hugs, kisses and I love you's shared so I must point out that it was still a wonderful day to celebrate the life I sought and now have to call my own. Viva la Mommyhood!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one! I am thinking of giving potty training a go with Audrey and my first day I let her run around with no diaper...I was quickly moving all books/magazines/rugs OFF the floor...just in case, but I think just checking her every 40 minutes works best for me...as she went a GAZILLION times that first day and not ONCE in the potty haha...

    ReplyDelete