Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Going "Halfsies"

This morning Hayden and I got to sneak out for some "Hayden & Mommy" time. Our local movie theater has a free kids movie festival throughout the summer. This weeks flick is the new version of Charlottes Web. Happily, Miss Thing got to play with our little pals Charlotte and George (Thanks Jamison!).

We got there nice and early to be sure that we could scope out seats and Hayden discovered a two seater setup in one of the middle rows. We gleefully named it our snuggle seat and set up shop. Towards the end of the movie after we gobbled up our shared popcorn, H grew a bit restless and I broke out the smuggled in M&M's from my bag o'Mommy fun. I had a little snack size baggie for each of us and once H raced through his he made moves on mine. I nabbed a few more and then relinquished the bag to him to polish off.

A few moments later he turned around and plopped a partial M&M in my mouth unannounced. Then he looked up at me, smiled and said, "There Mommy, now we shared the last one!". If you overlook the fact that he took over my baggie, it was a sweet moment of kind-hearted behavior - - at least that is how I am going to remember his chivalrous cinematic gesture!

1 comment:

  1. Hayden you are such a gentleman! What a sweetie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete