Yesterday the kids and I were driving to the park and I made a rather sharp turn after almost driving passed the road to the park. Of course, nothing escapes Hayden's attention and he wanted to know why we turned that way.
After my explanation, he was quiet for a moment and then naturally he had another question. "Mommy does Santa know that you did that?"
I admitted that he probably did know and Hayden reminded me that I was the one who taught him that Santa knows what you are doing. Nice - thanks alot North Pole.
Last night, H & I had a WalMart outing while Bailey and Daddy stayed home for some quality time. (Incidentally, she was banned from the outing as she is currently vigorously boycotting shopping carts.) We got home late and spent a few minutes catching up with Michael.
Fresh from the store, Hayden was fighting an attack of the Gimmies and spouting off items that he reeeeeally needed to have on his Birthday and Christmas lists. In a flash of inspiration, I mentioned him that soon he would be five years old and did he know that once you were five, you had to know your letters so that you could write your own list? Take that Mistah Kringle! As H was taking this in I made my point uber-clear by letting him know that Santa wouldn't read a list Mommy and Daddy made for a 5 year old, it had to be written by him and gosh we should probably start practicing tomorrow.
So today we will be working on writing.... MACK. And is this little polar snow white lie gets my boy on board with writing then I say bring on the coal!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
such innovation !!!! I'm sure that Mr. Kringle would approve. He probably does something similar to get the elves moving instead of giving away IOU's in stockings.
ReplyDelete